Co-parenting can be a constant challenge, as you are being forced to stay in regular
communication with a person with whom you may not be on the best of terms.
Fortunately, we are in a technologically advanced age where there are plenty of tools available to make communication and organization easier in these situations.
Below are a few of the best apps that can help you and your former partner get a better handle on co-parenting:
- Our Family Wizard: This app was originally developed by a divorced couple who needed a better way to communicate about their children and pass along important information. The app also includes some handy tools, such as child custody and visitation schedules and calendars, examples of parenting plans and various other co-parenting devices, along with links to counseling and legal services. The app is free to download on the web, iOS and Android, but there is an annual fee.
- Kidganizer: Parents who have a hard time communicating face to face will appreciate the ease of communicating using Kidganizer. The app allows users to create individual profiles for each of their children and put in information such as finances and scheduling. You can also set up alerts to remind each parent of important events and activities, such as school trips, extracurricular activities and doctor visits. All the updates to the profiles and schedules are made in real time because the profiles are synchronized on the cloud.
- CustodyJunction: This is a web-only application and service that helps you manage current and future visitation schedules and support arrangements up to two years in advance. Its ability to plan so far ahead is helpful when planning for vacations or other long-term events. You can also form customized reports on all aspects related to child custody and support, which you can then easily forward to attorneys or court officials.
- Cozi: Cozi is a great example of an app that is not explicitly meant for co-parenting, but has a lot of value for divorced parents. The app is a great manager of family calendars, chores, to-do lists, shopping lists and other things that might otherwise be difficult to organize across two households.
- Skedi: Sync up Skedi with your current online calendar and better manage your pick-up and drop-off times. You can also assign calendar events to other family members (such as other parents), so there is never any confusion as to who is responsible for completing a certain task.
- 2Houses: Another app created by a pair of divorced parents, 2Houses has a calendar feature for easy organization of events and custody. It also enables you to efficiently share information about school events, medical appointments, photos and journal entries.
For the guidance and advice you need to establish a strong co-parenting agreement, meet with an experienced Fresno divorce attorney at The Law Office of Rebecca Medina.