Rebecca Margaret Medina
Dedicated Family Law Attorney and Mediator
Rebecca is a family law attorney and mediator offering non-litigation and/or alternate dispute resolution services to clients throughout Fresno, Kings, Madera, and Mariposa Counties. Rebecca believes that the traditional court adversarial method in family law further polarize a family in transition and can be unnecessarily costly; both financially and emotionally. If children are involved, the court process can be devastating to the well-being of children no matter what age they are. Rebecca is committed to processes that are based on negotiation, compromises, and ultimately empower clients to have control over the decision making process in their family law matter, which can result in less stress and allow them to move to the next chapter of their lives with dignity.
With a compassionate and dedicated desire to help her clients in what is often the most difficult time in their life, Ms. Medina carries herself with poise and can relate to her clients on a level that conveys trust and inspires confidence. Rebecca’s philosophy is to be honest, direct, and committed toward helping her clients resolve their family matters by offering processes that result in settlements and empower individuals.
Experience Rebecca’s Holistic Approach to Family Law
Rebecca’s approach to family law is to help her clients resolve their issues on all levels- legally, financially, and emotionally. Rebecca firmly believes these non litigation alternatives achieve better results for her clients compared to the traditional adversarial system as a whole. Rebecca can assist with matters including, but not limited to: prenuptial agreements, divorces, child custody and visitation, child and spousal support orders, divorce cases involving business valuations and complicated financial matters. Rebecca Medina has the skills and resources needed to help her clients move forward and restructure their lives.
Rebecca is a Fresno native and came back home after law school in Sacramento to pursue her passion in family law. Rebecca not only has professional experience but life experience and understands firsthand the emotional difficulties and life transitions that many of her clients are going through. Rebecca works hard for her clients and is dedicated, responsive, prepared, and thorough. When Rebecca is not working, she loves spending time with her family, dogs, and friends. Rebecca also enjoys hiking, cooking, and her daily yoga practice that keeps her strong and centered.
When you need help moving forward with a family law matter, call Rebecca who has the expertise to provide you with personalized, high-quality legal and mediation services.
- California State University, Fresno (B.A. Philosophy, Minor Criminology, cum laude, 2005)
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., December 2008)
- Mosten Mediation Training (40- Hour Certificate in Family Law Mediation, September 2016)
- Two-Day Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training (Collaborative Law Attorney, January 2017)
- California and U.S. District Court, Central District of California (Spring 2009)
- Academy of Professional Family Law Mediators (Member)
- Central California Legal Services, Inc. (Board of Directors, 2011-2012)
- Clovis Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Fresno County Women Lawyers (Board Member, 2009-Present)
- Fresno County Bar Association, Pro Bono Services Section (Chair, 2010-2014)
- Fresno County Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Fresno County Young Lawyers Association (Member)
- Fresno Leading Young Professionals (Member)
- La Raza Lawyers Association, Central Valley Chapter (Member)
- McGeorge Alumni Association (Member)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section)
- 2016 10 Best American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2015- 2016 Super Lawyer Rising Star
- 2012 Avvo Client’s Choice Award
- 2010 & 2015 State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award Recipient for Pro Bono Services
- 2010 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Fresno County Bar Association
- 2007 Scholarship Recipient, La Raza Lawyers Association, Central Valley Chapter